Chambers is recognised for providing specialist advice and representation in relation to breaches of health and safety legislation.
Our advocates provide advice to a variety of organisations and individuals suspected of committing health and safety offences, from the earliest stages of investigation through to criminal prosecution or other enforcement action.
Members act in prosecutions arising from a wide range of incidents including fire and explosions, chemical exposure, vehicular collisions and contact with dangerous machinery over many sectors including manufacturing, construction, energy, transport and agriculture.
Our counsel advise on non-prosecutorial procedures pursued by regulators such as the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), Office of Road and Rail (ORR), Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA), the Care Inspectorate, local authorities and other public bodies, including improvement notices and prohibition notices.
- Instructing solicitors praise Compass Chambers as "the chambers of choice for corporate crime and regulatory cases" and note that "it is unrivalled in its market position." - Chambers UK
- “Compass Chambers is a highly respected stable in Scotland with reputable and widely acknowledged experience and expertise in health and safety law” – Chambers UK
- “Compass Chambers is considered the leading stable in Scotland for health and safety work” – Chambers UK
- “Compass Chambers remains “a go-to practice” in Scotland for regulatory crime work, particularly in the field of health and safety law” – Chambers UK
- “Compass Chambers has a particularly strong health and safety/regulatory practice” – Legal 500
- “market leader in health and safety litigation” – Legal 500
- Compass Chambers ‘has been involved in all of the major health and safety prosecutions in recent years’ - Legal 500